Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ginger

This is going to sound crazy. And I have no scientific proof. But I think the fresh ginger must have anti-depressant qualities. When I am feeling a bit off, nothing fixes me up quite as well. Somehow all of the senses are stimulated. I feel a little more awake, a little taller, a little more alive. This recipe is not original. See thepioneerwoman.com

Here is my favorite Asian Salad dressing. What you put in on is up to you. It is good, really good.
2 - 3 T. Sesame Oil
3T olive oil
8 T soy sauce
1/3 c. brown sugar
3 T. fresh ginger, grated finely
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pablano pepper. Seeds and membrane removed and pepper finely chopped
Combine ingredients and refrigerate.

1 comment:

  1. OOOH. I made a big veggie stir fry last night and added cooked whole grain spaghetti and used the remainder of this dressing as stir fry sauce. It was delicious. I was in the mood to burn my mouth so I added some of my favorite Asian sweet chili sauce, but it had a lot of flavor without. Husband ate Swedish meatballs left over from a couple nights ago and broccoli and was equally happy.

    ReplyDelete