- Mature adult relationships are give and take. Some days you need to take a bit more. Some days you can give back a little more. And it's all good.
- Some people give too much and find themselves taken advantage of.
- Some people take too much and find that the world is all about them.
- Those two types some times hook up with each other. Works in a limited way, but it's not really all that good.
- If you find yourself needing to deal closely with some one who is a really alot take or a really alot give, sometimes a mature person can stear the relationship to a more equal place. Sometimes it isn't possible. I have someone in my life who is almost all take. What do I do? Well, this is an important person, so I keep trying. But it is also important for me to keep some distance from this person, take care of my own feelings, and not get too caught up in their stuff for my own sake.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
I'm thinking a lot about relationships right now. So here is my checklist on relationships.