Sunday, January 9, 2011

Asian Pork Roast

We've past our first full week with the "kids" staying with us.  This type of thing is never quite convenient for anyone.  In the old days, multiple generations lived together to help each other and take care of each other.  These days, everyone wants independence.  You can't fault it. 

But, Daughter in Law has done a fabulous job of feeding us all, her own crew plus Papa and I.  We've been grateful for her efforts to handle the domestic chores for so many.

The dog and cat are getting along fine.  The cat couldn't care less.  The dog cares a great deal.

My main contribution for the week has been Asian Pork Roast
1 c. soy sauce
1/2 c. wine
1/2 c packed brown sugar
2 T. red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
2 T. fresh ginger, shredded
1 t. salt
1 large pork roast, clean and dry

Combine all but the last ingredient and pour into a gallon zip lock bag.  Place the roast in the bag and seal.  Place in the frig, turning the bag a few times, for 1 to 2 days. 

To cook, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Place the roast on a roasting pan and bake until internal temperature reads 160 or 170 degrees.

Meanwhile, pour marinade from the bag into a sauce pan and simmer slowly until the sauce thickens. 

The sauce is good poured over the roast.  If you happen to get it on the rice or vegetables it won't hurt you.

The next night I made Josh's barbecue sauce.  The recipe has previously been given. 

I cut the remaining roast into small pieces, added it to a large sauce pan with the barbecue sauce and simmered until the sugars slightly carmelized and it thickened.  We ate it on toasted hogey rolls with a big salad made by Daughter In Law.  Babies like it.

I had other photos, but they vanished under suspect circumstances, so you'll have to use your imagination. 

Oh, and I finished my wrap.  I took this picture to post it to the web site where I got the pattern.  Here it is if you are interested.  http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60500.html?noImages=

It was fun to knit.  I've enjoyed wrapping myself in it.  It looks pretty nice sitting on Aunt Christine's quilt, if I do say so myself, and I do.    



Remember to learn your lessons when you see them or you'll be seeing them again.


  

5 comments:

  1. I'm having technical difficulties in posting comments. I should be able to work through but that's why I've been silent.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working my way through this.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite honestly do not know why those two comments got posted. However, it could be progress.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Richard, you are the technology guru that we all look up to. What's up with all this? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like this would be a great main dish to go with my Sesame Noodles! Thanks for sharing!

    Christina
    www.everydaytastes.com

    ReplyDelete