Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day

I'm a lucky girl.  I have very good Valentine.  Husband and I have been through thick and thin over the years.  This last couple years of running a business has taught me that we are strong and capable and that we will be okay if we work together. 

I've been trying to be frugal with my grocery store purchases, to rethink how I'm doing things.  My grocery bills has decreased significantly with simple intent and small changes. But on Valentines day, I wanted a special meal.  As I've mentioned all of my favorite things involve shell fish and melted butter.  So here is my special meal.   

Two lobster tails on sale at Safeway for $6.88 a piece.  I haven't actually cooked lobster very often, but I can cook anything so I set off with full intention, read several thermador recipes, read everything Emeril had to say on the subject etc. etc.

But I ended up with a simple broiled lobster recipe

 But they weren't split. 

Here is husband trying to cut through the shell with a knife.

Until we discovered that they cut open with a kitchen scissors easier.  Husband is saying "Careful, Babe.  Ya want me to do it?"


Still took some work.   But I'm sure it will be worth it. 

We had a good time.



The finished product was pretty.  Husband says, "Who needs to go out?  This is more fun than the time we had dinner in the Space Needle."  Well, I wouldn't go quite that far!



Home Made rolls from earlier in the day.
 

Husband's favorite vegetable is broccoli.  Currently, our favorite way to prepare it is roasted.  Baked Potato from the 10 Pound Sack of Russets adventure.
A feast for 2.  Then, OPB and 60 minutes on the couch. I'm a lucky girl.  

Remember to eat with and cook with the one you love. 
And remember to be happy.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! And wow - think of the money you saved over eating at the space needle! ;p

    ReplyDelete