Thursday, February 4, 2010

Marinated Pork Roast

I've always worked.  I've heard of such a thing as men who cook, but I don't know any.  In my world, men fix cars, hunt, build things, and make things.  I mean that in the nicest way, dear. 

So the things I make are either things that go together fast or make ahead or weekend dinner that makes good leftovers.  I'm a natural born planner so I'm usually thinking a few days in advance. 

Marinating is a good way to get extra flavor, but it means you have to plan ahead.  There are a ton of summer things that I marinate, then grill outside when I get home, but we aren't there yet.  This is a recipe I've had very long time and made just forever. 
Marinated Pork Roast
1 boneless center-cut pork roast, 3 to 3 1/2 pounds.
6 garlic cloves garlic, minced
2 cups white wine
1/2 c. dark brown sugar
1/2 c. soy sauce
2 T dry mustard
1 t. sweet chili sauce, optional

With a sharp knife or skew, poke holes all over the roast.  Place in a glass container.  Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over roast.  Allow to marinate in the frig 1 to 2 day, turning occasionally. 

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Drain pork and reserve marinade.  Place in a roasting pan.  I like to line it with foil and place a small rack on top of the foil.  That way the roast doesn't sit in its juices as much. 

Roast at 425 degrees for 20 minutes turning
several times to brown all sides.  Reduce temp to 375 and cook for 30 - 40 minutes or until internal temp is 160 degrees. 

You get a crisp outside and a moist roast.  
While roasting, simmer the marinade until it reduces to about a cup.  While cooking strain off any fat that accumulates on the surface.  You can strain it to get a clearer sauce if you want.
 
It should rest for a bit, then transfer it to a platter and slice.  It's good with the roast potatoes (see http://dinnerattheosbornes.blogspot.com/2010/01/roasted-potatoes.html).  or rice.  It needs something to soak up the sauce.

I occurs to me that the only recipes I share are meat, but we really eat a lot of variety and I want to start showing that.  I'm working on a brocolli and califlower au graten recipe but it isn't quite right yet. I'll show it later. 

Remember to have experiences and be present.



No comments:

Post a Comment