Friday, September 10, 2010

Quite a Scream

I might have mentioned that there are a few peaches in my house right now and we are eating and preserving them. So, I’m peeling and slicing a peach and all of a sudden an Earwig comes out of the stem where it was picked and is sitting on the half-peeled peach. I let out a scream and nearly drop the peach.


Now, I’m not afraid of bugs. Earwigs, certainly not. I’m 51 years old. I do not scream. It was just a surprise. Fortunately, Husband and Step Son did not hear. I would have heard about it the rest of the day and a while longer than that.

With the knife, I flick the Earwig into sink, turn on the water. Into the garbage disposal you go, little bug. This is what you deserve for making me scream. What were you even thinking?

Remember to be unafraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment