Friday, April 2, 2010

S'ghitti at the Osbornes

I'm known for my Spaghetti among the young Osbornes.  I grew up in a family with traditions and order.  There was also too much restriction and not enough exploration, but that's another story.  Traditions create a feeling of security among young ones.  I recommend that.  S'ghitti was a tradition in my family.   I married into a family of exploration, emotion, and adventure.  Not that those things are bad, but tradition, order, security and peace are good too, especially for the young ones, just figuring out what to do.


The first two grandchildren who first ate my s'aghitti are teenagers now and couldn't care less, but the next decade is coming.  Hailey likes my s'ghitti too.  I'll be feeding it to Caleb as soon as I get permission.


This is the adult version.  For young children, reduce some of the seasoning.


S'ghitti meat.
1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
1 T. dried onion
1/4 dry garlic powder
2 t. worchestershire sauce.


Cook meat until done.  Drain off any liquid and add seasoning.  Cook for an additional few minutes.  There you go.  This meat is good in a variety of casseroles.  Add an egg and some bread crumbs, shape it into balls and bake it.  You have meat balls.  But this is good for now.


S'ghitti sauce.
1 1lb 10 oz jar of your favorite spagetti sauce.
8 oz can of tomato sauce.
a pinch of cheyanne pepper, more to taste
1/2 t. or more of Italian seasoning to taste, more to taste

Add these ingredriedents to the meat and bring it back to simmer.


Meanwhile start a pot of well salted boiling water.  Cook the pasta. Drain the pasta when cooked and immediately add it to the sauce, stirring to combine. 


Less than a year ago there were some problems within my own family.  We invited my Aunt and Uncle over on a week night to talk about the troubles and form a plan.  This is what families do.  There are problems, but they work together towards a solution to keep unity. I made this dish and it helped; That's a nice philosophy.  If you know what really happened, you know that this doesn't work as well as that, but it is a goal.

Remember to find a little comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment