Monday, April 5, 2010

Cantonese Elk

As I’ve mentioned, I had a freezer full of elk this winter. I just can’t say how much I have enjoyed stir frying, roasting, stroganoffing, hashing, my lovely elk. It’s been a grand experiment. While 2009 did not have the abundance I’m used to in certain things (money, leisure and relaxation) and did have too much work, worry and struggle, I have been thankful for those things in my life which were abundant and prosperous.


One of those things was my big strong husband. Although he has had his own struggles, he is always there, a comforting and supportive force in my life. I’m working on being thankful for many other things in my life.

Cantonese Elk
2 T. Vegetable oil
1 clove garlic minced
1 lb Elk meat, thinly sliced
Commercial Cantonese stir fry sauce, to taste
White wine, to taste
Broccoli, cleaned and cut into florettes

Heat the oil with the garlic. Add the meat and stir fry until mostly browned. Add the remaining ingredients. Continue stir frying, as the elk meat finishes cooking and the broccoli wilts and cooks.


Together with the homemade caesar salad I've been making with every meal and that is getting really good,  it was a dinner to beat.  It was a little different.  Not special, but Real.  Remember to be real. 

2 comments:

  1. I've only had elk once and it was Elk Medallions at a restaurant near Estes Park, CO. It was so good. A caesar salad is always a good side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the flavor of elk. This looks like a great meal!

    ReplyDelete