Saturday, July 24, 2010

Talking to myself again.

I'm talking to myself again, and somehow that's liberating.  So here goes

Remember this room?

It looks like this now.  We move our worldly posessions from room to room in preparation for the next day the carpet guys are coming.  The granite guy measured our countertops on Thursday, so we'll have granite again late this coming week.  No more plywood.






I'm madly in love with my new stove.  I'm trying to teach myself to make jerky.  This is the last of the elk.  I've researched the seasoning I plan to use.  More on that later.

Since I'm talking to myself, I don't need to mention that the step-son shot an elk and I've been finding ways to cook it ever since.  When do I get my next one, kiddo? 



And off to work.  I'm so lucky to be working on payroll tax returns on a fine warm Saturday afternoon.  Lunch for Husband - left over pork tenderloin and left over green beans.  Lunch for Wife - Corn soup, a piece of pita, carrot sticks and hummus.

Remember to appreciate life and live in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment