Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Two steps forward, one step back

Although I like to cook, the sooner I finish, the sooner I get to knit. I work on ways to streamline our eating well. Sunday, I made a pork roast in the crock pot. We finished most of it last night. It is as simple as putting it in there and turning on the thing, but I have several ways to give extra flavor. This time I put some of Josh's barbecue sauce on top of it. The result was sort of like pulled pork. Cooks all day so it can be left alone. Roast in the crock pot usually ends up with some extra liquid of unknown origin settling around it. I recommend draining it off a couple times while it cooks or lift it out of the goo onto a platter for serving.

Left over was just great with a big baked potatoe and some broccoli. Darrell likes a little Jack Cheese melted over broccoli. What could be better.

We're baby sitting during dinner tonight. What do kids eat? Mom and Dad are doing a great job making sure she has a vegetable. She's not keen on broccoli, but she'll eat beans. I've got a stove top dish with a can of beans in it. That will due. Recipe later.

No comments:

Post a Comment