Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cocoa Crinkles


We babysat the little kids so that the big kids could have a night out last night. Hailey and I made Cocoa Crinkles, one of the first little cookies we made with our Mom. I still have the recipe written in child like cursive which I assume is my own. My mom made us write out recipes, a habit I've kept to today. I'd like to give Hailey some of the good things my mom gave me without the OCD.

Cocoa Crinkles
1/2 softened Butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. unsweetend cocoa
1/4 t salt
1/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. soda
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla until light & fluffy. Add flour. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. The dough will be stiff. Make 1" balls. Roll balls in powered sugar just before baking. Spray cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 at 35 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment