Monday, October 26, 2009

A Rainy Day

A bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich is comfort food for me on a rainy day. I'm sure that is because my mom made that for us on such days. Most of my comfort food is very basic and inexpensive because they didn't have much until well into my teens. I'm not in favor of feeding children fast food frequently. I would be a different person if I thought of McDonalds as comfort food.

My husband is very tolerant of my food peculiarities, but will not eat tomato soup. So day it is clam chowder. I don't have the means to cook at our work, so the grilled cheese will have to wait. Wouldn't it be nice to have a paninni maker at work? Nice hot grilled sandwiches would be a breeze! I may have to work on that.

Instead, he's got clam chowder, sliced cheese and vension sausage. I've got clam chowder, crackers and hummus. We split a piece of fruit. That's something I love that mom never had, hummus. Can't get enough of it. I've given up the idea that I should be making it (just chick peas, garlic, tahini, and olive oil mushed up in the food processor). It's much easier to buy little tubs of it in the deli. I'll happily eat it on anything or everything

No comments:

Post a Comment