Thursday, October 29, 2009

My husband is a Carnivore

My husband eats meat. Period. I try to keep his need for meat satisfied while slipping other things he needs. Tonight we are having what I call Savory Sausage and Potato Skillet. I think this is an original recipe. Most of the things I make started off with me seeing a recipe I wanted to try, then modifying it over time until I got to something original, but there was a starting point.


I had one of those smoke beef sausages and no real plan how to cook it. My husband likes this product, but I wanted to do something a bit more like a meal. Here is what I came up with.


Savory Sausage and Potato Skillet

2 T. Olive Oil
1/4 t minced garlic
5 cups chopped or finely sliced small red potatoes
14 oz smoked beef sausage ring, sliced
8 oz can tomato sauce
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
2 t. Italian seasoning

Add olive oil, garlic, and potatoes to a large skillet. Stir and toss to coat potatoes. Cover and cook on medium low for 15 - 20 minutes or unitl potatoes are nearly cooked. Stir a few times to make sure they don't stick. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on medium for additional 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment