Sunday, May 22, 2011

Gingered Rhubarb Apple Crisp

2C. Diced Rhubarb
3 large apples, peeled and sliced
1 c. sugar
1 T. minced candied ginger
1 t. flour






Combine ingredients and set aside.  In a small bowl, combine the following.
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 oatmeal
2T. melted butter.




Turn rhubarb mixture into a sprayed 9 " square pan.  Spread topping over.  Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 - 50 minutes.

I've been eating rhubarb all of my life.  The addition of ginger is new to me.  This is a unique and delicious.  The tart of the rhubarb, sweet from apple, and spiciness of ginger.  If there happens to be a little cream or ice cream around, that wouldn't be too bad either.

3 comments:

  1. It is as good as it sounds. I'll be having it for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LeAnn, sharing this great dessert on my Wednesday post, thanks!

    ReplyDelete