Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pizza Pasta Casserole

Okay, let me get a few kid pictures out of my system, then we'll eat. 


Get her Jake. 









She's fast on that thing. 






And there she goes.



And here she comes.
  

Is it dinner time yet?  'Cause I'm completely worn out.
Pizza Pasta Casserole
1 lb ground beef
2 garlic cloves minced or finely chopped
1 28 oz jar spaghetti sauce
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 t. Italian seasoning. 
1/2 of a 1 lb package of spiral pasta, cooked and drained. 
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 an 8 oz package of sliced pepperoni (The other 1/2 package will be used on Valentines day, hint, hint)
10 mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
3.8 oz can sliced black olives, drained.


I'm so glad I discovered local meat from the butcher.  Isn't it cute?  But really, I can't recommend it highly enough.  It is such good quality and so lean. It has been a total eye opener to me.
I quarter mushrooms.  Husband like mushrooms and it gives a lot a extra texture to the dish.  Not sure what else to tell you about that.  

Brown the meat, remove most of the liquid and add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for a few minutes to sweat the mushrooms.

Meanwhile in a separate pot, cook the pasta and drain.  I'm really liking these mini pasta.  About half the size and very cute.

Quarter the pepperoni and add them to the meat mixture, taking the time to separate the slices that are stuck together.  If there are creatures at your feet, 2 legged or 4, consider giving them a bite. 

Add the Spaghetti sauce, the tomato sauce and the seasonings.

I nibble as I cook.  I've mentioned that it is a wonder I don't weigh 200 lbs, but I don't.  Good metabolism and good genes.  I recommend that. 


Now put it all together. 

Oh wait a second.  Sorry, this happens all the time, now.  



The Rock star!




And the Mama. 






Now, back to food. 

Into a 13 by 9 inch Pyrex pan.  The meat mixture, the sauce, the pasta.  Toss it to mix.  Add the cheese and toss with a spatula . 






Bake at 350 degree for 20 minutes.



Makes a nice week night casserole. 







Remember to do the best that you can and that's good enough.




2 comments: