Friday, August 12, 2011

Herb and Feta Topped Cod

I've been seeing recommendations to eat fish 2 or 3 times per week.  That's a lot of fish.  I'm not sure we are up to it.
But fish is high in omega fatty acids, offers reduced risk of heart disease, blood pressure and cholesterol concerns, and contains vitamins and essential minerals.  Clearly, it is part of a good diet.  

When I see Pacific Cod at my price point, I have them wrap 2 or 3 packages for me and freeze it for week night meals.  Some nights, all I've got in me is to season it on both sides with salt and pepper and cook it in my big flat skillet with a little good oil.  And that's perfectly fine, but I'm looking for more flavor and Husband thought this topping was delicious. 

A big handful of fresh oregano, cleaned and finely chopped. It grows easily at my house, but use whatever fresh herbs you have.  Drizzle with olive oil.  A big spoonful of capers, chopped.  Another big spoonful of feta.  Mix it into almost a paste.  Top the cooked fish with it before serving.  It's really good.     

1 comment: